hello May

Monday, May 5, 2014


Why hello, May!  I'm excited for this month.  May is one of my favorite months, maybe partly because it is my birthday month, but also it just seems like a month of new beginnings.  May is when school finishes up for the summer, when the weather finally starts to make a change in WI, when the sun is shining more, when the trees bud, when the first trip up north takes place.  It's just a good month.  So I'm happy to share the goals/to-dos I have come up with for the month.

But first, a quick re-cap on how I did on my April goals:

             fight off feelings of insecurity & take advantage of a freer schedule - I worked really hard on this one and definitely felt the benefits of embracing my housewife status and making good use of my time.  This shall stay on my to do list until the next chapter of my life.  
             be content with the weather................. - Having a new fireplace this spring has made the cooler nights more enjoyable.  I'm still very ready for warmer weather though....
             write two letters of appreciation - I loved doing this.  I sent one to my friend Tara and to my lovely parents.  Thank you notes are so underrated.  Check out the cute thank you notes I sent!  I love these cards by Eva Marie Typography  Her designs are great.


             pray over anxious feelings as soon as they pop into my head - I need to keep working on this one.  I did a better job than previous months, but I need to get into a better habit of lifting everything up in prayer.

Remember how I had find an area rug on my to do list forever?!? Well I finally found one!!!! It's from West Elm and I LOVE it.  I can't wait to share more photos of our house as it's starting to feel more and more put together.  Here's a sneak peek of the new beauty.


Overall, I really enjoyed my to do list this month because I wanted it to induce an attitude adjustment, and I think it did!  It takes intentionality to be positive- just need to work on continuing that.

Here's what's on the docket for May:

             celebrate my birthday!! Watch out 28, I'm coming for ya!
             host a lovely Mother's Day brunch at our house (in-laws and all)
             put my DSLR to good use more often - maybe plan a fun lil shoot? 
             start a new personal Bible study ***  
             finish the last book of the Divergent series

That's what I've got going so far!  Can't wait to see what May has for me.  Have some goals/to dos you'd like to share?  Join me as I link up with Hayley over at The Tiny Twig.


The Tiny Twig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...